Ticket Protection Plan
We now offer a ticket protection plan which allows you to apply for a refund or transfer if circumstances arise which will stop you from attending your event..See terms and conditions on this page to what circumstances you can apply for refunds on..
THIS IS AN OPTIONAL SERVICE..WE RECOMMEND YOU USE THIS SERVICE.
The price of
- £3 per person
The price is £3 per person for each event booked..
If you are a regular booker we have the
- £15 per person protection plan that covers you for all your events booked for 1 year from date of purchase..
This plan is for unused tickets and cannot be back dated to previous events where event date has passed..
YOU CAN PURCHASE THIS PLAN FOR EVENTS YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY BOOKED..
WITH THE EVENT DATE YET TO HAPPEN..EG..FUTURE EVENTS..2020 EVENTS..
PLEASE ADD THE EVENT DATE YOU WISH TO USE THIS PLAN ON.
Ticket Protection Plan
PROTECTION PLAN TERMS
WE WILL NOT REFUND ON
TO APPLY FOR A REFUND OR TRANSFER
Ticket Plan Terms and Conditions
Booking Refund Protection - Terms and Conditions
MHE will provide you with a refund for any unused booking if you are unable to attend the booked event due to any of the circumstances set out below.
BOOKING REFUND PROTECTION IS AN OPTIONAL SERVICE OFFERED BY MHE AND ADMINISTERED BY MHE.. IT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below..
MHE - Most Haunted Experience
Accident - A bodily injury confirmed by a doctor that prevents you from attending the booked event.
You/Your/Yourself - A person who has made a booking alone or as part of a group with us.
Doctor - A qualified medical practitioner registered with a recognised professional body. A doctor cannot be yourself or a member of your immediate family.
Emergency Services - The Police, Fire and Rescue Service or Emergency Medical Services
Booking/Booked event - The pre-planned and pre-booked service(s) / event(s) / ticket(s) transacted with us by you and provided within the United Kingdom
Group - Any number of people who have made a booking with the booking vendor with booking Refund Protection in the same transaction.
Illness - A physical or mental condition confirmed by a doctor that prevents you from attending the booked event.
Immediate family - Your husband, wife, partner, civil partner, parent, child, brother or sister.
Normal Pregnancy - Symptoms which normally accompany pregnancy (including multiple pregnancy) and which are generally of a minor and/or temporary nature (e.g. morning sickness, fatigue etc.) which do not represent a medical hazard to mother or baby.
Pre-existing medical condition - Any disease, illness or injury (whether diagnosed or not) existing at or before the date of booking and for which medical advice or treatment has been sought in the 12 months preceding the date of booking.
Public Transport Network - Any mode of public transport other than public hire taxis licensed for public use on which the customer had planned to travel to a booked event.
Ticket - A non-refundable, authorised ticket that was purchased from MHE where Booking Refund Protection has been purchased at the same time as purchasing the ticket(s).or near after..
We/us/our - The booking vendor with whom you made the booking.
What we will refund?
We will refund the cost of your booking ( except the price of the protection plan ) if you are unable to attend a booked event due to:
- unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of the booked event;
- the death, accident, or illness happening to you, a member of your immediate family or any person(s) in the group due to attend the booked event with you;
- The mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked event;
- jury service which you were unaware of at the time of the booking;
- Burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event requiring attendance of the emergency services;
- you being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of booking;
- you being a member of the armed forces and being posted abroad and/or having leave withdrawn unexpectedly which you were unaware of at the time of the booking;
- adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other Government agency have issued warnings not to travel.